Saturday 1 September 2012

The First Month

August. My first full month in Australia. Spent in Cairns, Queensland. I got a job in a Turkish Restaurant called Ala Turka, located on the Cairns Esplanade. I work with two lovely ladies called Nelli (German) and Satomi (Japanese). I love it here, the work is fun, the people are lovely and the food was delicious.


I also visited  Palm Cove, It's one of a stretch of beaches about 20 minutes outside of Cairns. All of the beaches are beautiful, but palm cove is perhaps the most touristy one - lots of cute shops and cafes.



Paronella Park which is a Spanish-style Castle that was built in the 20th century but fell to ruin after the original owner died. The current owners are revitalising it for a new generation and it was the cutest place ever.



and Mission Beach in this month.

Obviously I went out drinking and dancing a lot too, since that is almost obligatory in Cairns life!


No comments:

Post a Comment